***January 25 2021***
Our Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy and Kinesiology services are NOT affected by the current lockdown. All appointments continue as scheduled. The clinic will continue to accept NEW clients.
Osteopathy will be postponed until the current lcokdown is lifted.
Since June, we've ensured that our safety protocols exceeded the requirements from the Ministry of Health and practitioners regulatory Colleges and we continue to do so.
Our safety practices include:
- DAILY screening of all staff and patients
- MANDATORY masks to be worn at all times in the clinic
- Individual rooms for treatment
- Additional 15 minutes in between appointment for disinfecting
- All surfaces are regularyly sanitized and disinfected (including high traffic area)
- VIRTUAL Physiotherpy and Kinesiology appointments available
***June 1 2020***
We are open to in-person visits! Clinic will continue to be on reduced hours but our staff is back!
If appropriate, we continue to help treat and guide clients online with our tele-rehab appointments.
Start your physiotherapy today by calling (905)333-3488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've changes our procedure in clinic. If you do come into clinic, please be sure to review these infographics!
***March 31 2020***
We are still open for urgent cases, those who are at high risk for imminent hospital admission or re-admission that are:
- suffering severe neuromusculosketal OR musculosketal dysfunction or pain
- post-op care (following surgery) or,
- is an individual in an essential service in an acute care setting or other setting deemed (e.g. health care provider) whose injury requires the input of a physiotherapist to return to work safely as soon as possible.
We continue to help treat and guide clients online with our tele-rehab appointments. Start your physiotherapy today by calling (905)333-3488 or email email@example.com.
***March 23 2020***
We are now booking appointments for Tele-Rehab! As mentioned, Miriam and Lesley will be providing this service. This will allow us to provide treatment and guidance from your home. To book your appointment, you can call in to the clinic at (905) 333-3488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
***March 21 2020***
As of late Friday March 20th, we needed to make the difficult decision to close the clinic to in person care, based on the recommendations from the Ministry of Health, Public Health and the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. As recommendations continue to change based on the best available medical advice, we will update you of our in person availability.
For those who need treatment/guidance, we are launching a tele-rehabilitation service and hope to be able to offer this service as early as this week. Tele-rehabilitation is offered over a secure and private platform which complies with HIPPA (Health Information Privacy Protection Act) and PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act). This service will allow us to see each other while providing you with education, exercise progression and strategies for self management.
At this point, Miriam Mulkewich and Lesley Hughes (Physiotherapists and co-owners) will be providing this service. If you are interested in this new service, let us know. You can call in to the clinic (905) 333-3488 or email email@example.com. (We will continue to monitor phone calls and emails during this time)
We look forward to returning to the clinic. Until then, we hope everyone and your families & loved ones stay safe, healthy and well.
***March 19 2020***
As mentioned in yesterday's update, we are looking to introduce alternative ways to provide you care.
We are utilizing our social media to help keep you moving!
Tomorrow (Friday March 20) at 12pm, Tamara Cormier, Kinesiologist and Yoga Instructor, will come to you LIVE on Instagram. She will lead you through some yoga poses.
We will continue to livestream throughout this time of social distancing and self-isolation as a means to promote movement. We will walk through different yoga poses however we want to hear from you! Let us know what will help you and what you hope to see in a future livestream class on either Facebook or Instagram!
To watch live, visit us at https://www.instagram.com/fit4lifephysio/.
Another alternative way to provide you with physiotherapy care remotely is tele-rehabilitation.
This is a method in which we can provide therapy services virtually, similar to FaceTime. This platform however is secure and maintains privacy. Fit for Life Physiotherapy will provide quality one-on-one care for those unable to attend the clinic in person.
We continue to work towards launching tele-rehabilitation and we will begin booking appointments with Miriam Mulkewich (PT) Monday.
More details to follow...
***March 18 2020***
At Fit For Life Physiotherapy, your health and well-being is our top priority.
We are closely monitoring recommendations from Health Canada and our Public Health Unit and we are open to provide care to urgent physiotherapy cases.
In addition, we are looking at an alternative way to provide you your physiotherapy care remotely. We will update you as this service becomes available.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Fit For Life Physiotherapy include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
- Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with a disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer
- Cleaning high-touch areas with disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Washing hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Diligent on hand washing and increasing the frequency
- Increased prevalence of hand sanitizer in high traffic areas such as reception
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Screening all of our clients upon entry if they:
- Are feeling unwell
- Have travelled by air in the last 14 days
- Have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
- Schedule organized to allow for social distancing
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and we want to assure you that your health and safety is a priority. The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff we are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request to those patients deemed as an urgent case to:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Fit For Life Physiotherapy, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The Fit For Life Physiotherapy team