What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is the study of human movement, performance and function. It incorporates the sciences of biomechanics, anatomy, physiology, psychology and neuroscience. Kinesiologists are University trained and regulated health care professionals. They use their knowledge to help people prevent and manage injury and chronic disease.
What can Kinesiology do for you?
At Fit for Life Physiotherapy, our Kinesiologist uses exercise, yoga and breath to help you feel better, get stronger, and bridge the gap between rehab and real life! Our Kinesiologist is an important part of our team and will work with you one on one to create an exercise program that is specific to your needs and goals.
Kinesiology can you help you:
- Get back exercise or get started on an exercise program
- Get back to or start yoga safely
- Develop a program to help you manage stress and tension
- Improve your ability with activities of daily living
- Improve mobility including getting on and off the floor safely
- Improve your balance
- Feel more confident moving around the community
- Return to the activities you love to do