Yoga therapy is an approach to movement that helps relieve and manage symptoms of pain, stress and health conditions and improve movement and performance.
It is an active and collaborative approach that uses movement, stillness and breath to address the individual's needs. The focus is on building a foundation of integrity and retraining to address the root of the issue.
The process empowers clients and helps grow their awareness.
Although it can include traditional yoga poses, and help those practicing yoga it is a system that can help anyone interested in feeling and moving better!
What can yoga therapy help me with?
- Reduce symptoms of pain and tension
- Manage health conditions and related flare ups
- Improve athletic performance
- Returning to activity after injury
- Manage stress
- Manage persistent pain
- Retraining to avoid returning to patterns that contribute to symptoms
Who is yoga therapy for?
- All ages
- Those who are looking to be an active participant in their healing
- Those who want to feel better long term
- Those who want to take control of their health
- Those who are open to a process and real lasting change - no quick fixes here!
If you have a goal, we can work towards it! Yoga therapy has helped our clients:
- Return to running (ie: return to running after experiencing persisten pelvic pain?)
- Sleep better
- Relieve back, hip and shoulder pain
- Return to yoga after shoulder injury
- Return to walking
- Get back to working out and lifting weights
- Get relief from longstanding pain they thought would never go away
- Feel like themselves again!
- Stay active after diagnosis of health conditions
- Get through their work day without pain
Have specific questions?
Email our Certified Yoga Therapist and Registered Kinesiologist Tamara Cormier at email@example.com.
To book an appointment with Tamara, call the clinic at (905) 333-3488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.